The session will run for a total of 5 days, starting July 8th through July 12th, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Please visit the link below to register your 7th or 8th grade child for this inspirational program. For your convenience, registration and payment are offered online with a credit/debit card to guarantee your course selection and participation.
STEM DESIGN THINKING - ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY
- Environmental and Life Sciences – Discover and explore the study of Environmental and Life Science. Participants will learn about living organisms, including biology, botany, zoology, microbiology and how resources are being impacted. Students will learn to apply the scientific method to solve problems that impact our environment. You will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to Environmental Science.
- Computer Science – Learn about the exciting world of coding as you learn computer programming and the fundamentals of Computer Science via a hands-on problem solving. Participants will learn about various programs including MIT App Inventor. Our goal is to make coding fun and to show students that there are many job opportunities in the CS field. You will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to Computer Science.
- Pre-Engineering – Dive into in learning about the Engineering Design Process as you design solutions to problems while using science, math, and technology to innovate. The culminating environmental technology project will be to design and build a child’s toy using only recycled materials. You will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to Engineering.
- For information about registering for the Summer STEM Academy, please click here.
- Cost: $90.00
- Each class is limited to 25 students.