The session will run for a total of 5 days, starting July 16th through July 20th, from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Please visit the link below to register your 7th or 8th grade child for this inspirational program. For your convenience, registration and payment are offered online with a credit/debit card to guarantee your course selection and participation.
STEM DESIGN THINKING - Medieval Technology
- Biotech/Environmental Life Sciences – Discover and explore the study of science during the Medieval Period (12th Century Renaissance) as society dealt with famine and the plague. Participants will learn about living organisms; including biology, botany, zoology, microbiology and medicine during the Medieval Period and how people eventually applied the scientific method to solve problems and survive. You will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to science.
- Computer Science – Enter the exciting world of coding as you learn computer programming and the fundamentals of computer science via a hands-on problem solving. Participants will learn about various programs including MIT App Inventor. Our goal is to demystify coding and show students that creativity will open many opportunities. You will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to Computer Science.
- Pre-Engineering – Immerse yourself in learning about the Engineering Design Process as you design Medieval Machines while using science, math, and technology to innovate and problem solve. The culminating collaborative project will be a Medieval catapult or trebuchet. You will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to Engineering.
- For information about registering for the Summer STEM Academy, please click here.
- Cost: $90.00
- Each class is limited to 25 students.