The application for the 2020-2021 School Year
will open on October 1, 2019.
The online application for the 2020-2021 school year will open on October 1, 2019. The application deadline is December 15, 2019, at midnight.
All applicants must be Passaic County residents and entering the 9th or 10th grade. Criteria for admission is based on the evaluation of school transcripts from the previous two school years. Areas of evaluation are: final academic averages, attendance, discipline, and standardized test scores.
For the following programs, students selected for consideration will be required to audition or interview prior to acceptance. Applicants are encouraged to view these audition or interview evaluation criteria:
- School of Communication Arts (Advertising Arts and Design)
- School of Performing Arts (Dance)
- School of Performing Arts (Instrumental)
- School of Performing Arts (Theater)
- School of Performing Arts (Vocal Technique)
Auditions or interviews will be held in January and February. Applicants selected for an audition or an interview will be contacted for an appointment.
Applicants who are accepted for admission and have completed an Algebra I course in 8th grade are eligible to take our Algebra I final exam.
- Students who pass our Algebra I final exam with a score of "70" or above will be placed in Geometry.
- Students who pass our Algebra I final exam with a score of "90" or above will be placed in Geometry Honors.
If you have any questions regarding admissions, please contact Betty Schulte, Supervisor of Admissions, at , (973) 389-2059 (Admissions), or (973) 389-4235 (Office).