2021 Summer WorkoutsWe will begin practicing together on Thursday, August 5, 2021 at PCTVS. We will meet in the STEM gym from 9:00 am - 12:00 pm on August 5-7, and August 9-14. The official season begins August 16, 2021. All medical clearance paperwork (found on the athletics website) must be submitted to the nurse’s office before you can come to practice. You will need an updated physical, so be sure to either schedule one with the school doctor (dates posted in Google classroom) or with your family doctor.
Join remind by texting @436bg6 to 81010
Join Google classroom with the code: gufjcuf
Use the following schedule to get into shape before we begin our practices. You should follow this basic training schedule for all of July:
- Sundays: Rest - stretch, roll, and drink water.
- Mondays: 3-5 mile easy run. Finish with 8-10 x 100-meter strides.
- Tuesdays: Run on grass or a trail if possible for 40-60 minutes.
- Wednesdays: Rest - stretch, roll, and drink water.
- Thursdays: 20 minute jog to warm up, 8-12 x 15-20-second uphill sprints, 20 minute jog to cool down.
- Fridays: 3-5 mile easy run.
- Saturdays: Long run, 5-8 miles, easy pace.