Fall 2019 Saturday STEM Academy Registration For 7th & 8th GradersThe Saturday STEM Academy provides 7th and 8th grade students the opportunity to further develop their interests in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math in an unparalleled, educationally stimulating series of course offerings. The Fall sessions theme will focus on 'simple machines', coding and Biomedical/Anthropology. Our projects and activities will explore simple machines and how there are multiple solutions to every problem. Students will learn to code via object oriented programming and our Biomedical/Anthropology students will analyze and study the evolution of humans and how they utilized simple machines in their everyday lives. The Saturday STEM Program provides students with project-based activities that reinforce discovery, critical thinking, creativity, innovation and collaboration. The courses are offered at the Diana C. Lobosco STEM Academy which is located on the Passaic County Technical-Vocational Schools campus. Join us in these hands-on courses where students learn teamwork, problem solving skills, and increase their self-confidence!
Classes run on Saturdays from October 5th to October 26th, 9:00am to 12:00pm. Payment of $90 per course is required for registration.
Please visit the link below to register your 7th or 8th grade child for this inspirational program. For your convenience, registration and payment are offered online with a credit/debit card to guarantee your course selection and participation.
- Biomedical/Anthropology – Discover the evolution of humans through exploration as you discover human migration and adaptation as well as how they utilized simple machines for their daily existence and survival.
- Computer Science Enter the exciting world of coding through computer programming and the fundamentals of computer science utilizing object oriented programming.
- Pre-Engineering – Advance your interest in engineering as you use science, math, and technology to innovate, problem solve, and create simple machines that have to solve a particular task.
All students will participate in a collaborative group problem solving challenge. Collaboration, creativity, innovation and ingenuity will be an integral part of the experience as students learn to share ideas and learn from each other.
- For information about registering for the Saturday Fall STEM Academy, please click here.
- Cost: $90.00
- Each class is limited to 25 students.