- Aug. Practices
- Work out on your own in the summer
- Need to go to weight room on some OFF days in fall (I will be checking)
- JV – Mon and Thurs practices; Mon & Thurs & Sat FB Games
- Varsity – Tues and Weds Practices; Friday games
- Emphasis on Cheers, Dancing, and Stunting
- Varsity must attend the mandatory UCA Camp at Monmouth University: July 12 – July 14, 2019
- Mandatory Summer Practices for Varsity and JV: August 5th – August 13th
- Dec. – Feb. practices and games
- All on Tues or Thurs
- Varsity practice in Dec from 3-5; games at 4 starting in Jan.
- Tryouts first week of Dec.
- Emphasis on Cheers
- Tryouts beginning of August
- Choreography around end of Sept.
- Don’t need to be on fall or winter
- Season is August – beginning of March
- Emphasis on Stunting and Tumbling - Looking for more back-walkovers/back-handsprings
- Mandatory Summer Practices: August 14th – August 16th
- When: Monday, December 2nd & Tuesday, December 3rd
- Where: Café 1
- Time: 3-5pm
- There are 5:00 buses as transportation home if needed.
General Tryout Information
- Students must have a physical into the nurse and check to make sure they are cleared BEFORE the 1st day of tryouts. The earlier you are cleared the better!
- Students should come in athletic clothing and sneakers. No jewelry is to be worn. There will be bus transportation to and from tryouts.
- Students will learn a cheer, dance, and practice their jumps (toe touch, left and right herkies, pike) on Wednesday and then be scored on Thursday. Students will be scored from 1 to 5 (1 = poor; 5 = excellent) in the following categories: Cheer, Dance, Motions, Timing, Poise, and Spirit.
- Competition will have a third day of tryouts which will score athletes on their stunting and tumbling levels
- 2005: 8th place at Cheerleading Nationals
- 2006-2007: NJTAC second place overall
- 2008-2009: NJTAC champs: First place overall
- 2009-2010: NJTAC first place cheer; second place cheer dance, second place overall
- 2010-2011: NJTAC first place cheer; second place cheer dance, second place overall
- 2015-2016: NJTAC second place overall; NJ States second place overall
- 2017 State Divisional Champions - NJCDCA
For season schedules, visit rSchool Today or sign up for notifications.