The mission and purpose of this organization is:
- to promote scholarship and to recognize academic excellence in social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- to provide through its local chapters opportunities for exploration in the social studies in secondary school environments and the community.
- to encourage interest in, understanding of, and appreciation for the social studies.
MembershipCandidates for membership should:
- have been in attendance at the school in which the chapter resides for the equivalent of one semester prior to being considered.
- have completed two core courses in the field of social studies and be prepared to complete at least three core courses. The minimum GPA for these courses is an unweighted 3.8 or the numerical equivalent.
- have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.8 or the numerical equivalent.
Eligible Juniors meeting this criteria will be contacted via email in early February and invited to apply. In March, a faculty selection committee confers the memberships. The Induction ceremony takes place in April.
Membership is based upon academic achievement in courses within the field of social studies as well as overall academic GPA, leadership and community service involvement.
Active MembersActive members demonstrate an ability to work with others, to conduct research and inquiry in the field of social studies and possess qualities of industry, initiative, and reliability as they pertain to academic excellence.
Active members exhibit a genuine interest in, and enthusiasm for, social studies scholarship and topics.
Active members contribute service to PCTVS or the community.
Active members attend all monthly meetings and events.
Every third Wednesday of the month
General Membership Meeting