The International Thespian Society (ITS), an honorary group for middle and high school theatre students, is a division of the Educational Theatre Association (EdTA). The mission of ITS is to honor student excellence in the theatre arts. Thespian troupes are just a component of a school’s theatre program. ITS membership offers many valuable benefits, services, and opportunities to troupe directors and Thespians alike.
The mission of the PCTI Thespian Society is to create an artistic, educational, and professional network for theatre arts educators, students, and enthusiasts to share ideas and support the effort to have theatre arts (including film, television, and other related electronic media) recognized in all phases of education and lifelong learning.
We fulfill our mission through our ITS activities:
- Honor the work and recognize the achievements of our members and others
- Produce educational events, and publications to expand the knowledge and skills base for our members and the field of theatre education
- Promote the work of our membership to the public and other organizations
- Serve our members by being the leading advocate for theatre arts education
- Support our volunteer leader