Classes run on from October 6th to October 27th from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Payment of $90 per course is required for registration.
Please visit the link below to register your 7th or 8th grade child for this inspirational program. For your convenience, registration and payment are offered online with a credit/debit card to guarantee your course selection and participation.
STEM DESIGN THINKING - Flight Technology
- Biotechnology – Discover and explore the study of flight via science as it pertains to birds and insects. Participants will learn about the ability of birds and insects to defy gravity and fly. They will learn about biology and how birds and their musculoskeletal systems allow them to fly.
- Computer Science – Enter the world of coding as you learn computer programming and the fundamentals of computer science via a hands-on problem solving. Participants will learn about programming via MIT App Inventor. Students will learn about flight via flight simulators. You will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to Computer Science.
- Pre-Engineering – Students will learn about flight and how to solve problems utilizing the Engineering Design Process (EDP) and in particular tackle Aerospace Engineering challenges. Students will learn to fly a drone. You will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to Engineering.
- For information about registering for the Saturday Fall STEM Academy, please click here.
- Cost: $90.00
- Each class is limited to 25 students.