Classes will run from Saturday, March 2nd to Saturday, March 23rd from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Payment of $90 per course is required for registration.
Please visit the link below to register your 7th or 8th grade child for this inspirational program. For your convenience, registration and payment are offered online with a credit/debit card to guarantee your course selection and participation.
- Biotechnology – Both science and art are human attempts to understand the world around us. Drawing in science allows us to focus on details and minute structures while also capturing the essence of the object of study. In this program students will employ art techniques of technical sketching, nature sketching in different media, and water-color painting to closely examine and study presented specimens from all three domains of life.
- Computer Science – Enter the world of coding as you learn computer programming and the fundamentals of computer science via a hands-on problem solving. Participants will learn about programming via MIT App Inventor. Second year students will learn an introduction to Python. You will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to Computer Science.
- Pre-Engineering – Students will learn about design, sketching and technical drawing. Our future inventors and innovators will learn to design a ‘blueprint’ and eventually create a model car. Students will learn how to implement the Design Thinking model as it applies to Engineering.
- For information about registering for the Saturday Spring STEM Academy, please click here.
- Cost: $90.00
- Each class is limited to 25 students.