A Diverse Program Helping Students Build their Futures
Students receive instruction in
state of the art Woodworking,
Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical and
Welding shops that include fully
framed houses, industrial trainers,
computer labs, and a host of up-todate
machines, equipment, power
and hand tools that meet and/or
exceed today’s industry standards.
Freshmen cycle through all five
areas of construction (Carpentry,
Electric, HVAC/Refrigeration, Plumbing
& Welding), and select an area
of concentration based on shop
performance, teacher recommendation,
overall grades, and other
Students learn by using the latest professional equipment in impressive, modern settings that equal or exceed today’s industry standards. These facilities echo today’s work environment, offering PCTI students a competitive advantage in securing employment. These outstanding facilities include:
- Two fully equipped carpentry labs with state-of-the-art woodworking tools and machines for gaining superior level skills.
- A comprehensive plumbing lab with fully functional water & gas lines, as well as current machinery and the latest resources.
- HVAC repair and installation center complete with home/commercial units
- Two fully equipped electrical labs for industrial and residential training featuring modern worksite simulations.
- High tech computer labs with latest software for various applications
“College Connection Program” Earning College Credits in High School
Want to earn college credits before graduating high school? At PCTI you have the opportunity to do just that! Nearly 2 dozen college courses . . . some specific to career majors and others open to all PCTI students . . are offered in affiliations with area colleges and universities!
PCTI’s affiliates include: William Paterson University, Seton Hall University, Drexel University, UMDNJ (University of Medicine & Dentistry New Jersey), Berkeley College, Passaic County Community College, NJIT (New Jersey Institute of Technology), Rochester Institute of Technology, FDU and Hudson County Community College.
School of Construction Technology
Carpentry • Plumbing • Electrical TechnologyHVAC/Refrigeration • Welding • Building Maintenance
Students select one of the above as a career path major
Construction Technology Level I
World Language I
Construction Technology Level II
World Language II
Construction Technology Level III
Chemistry or Applied Chemistry
U.S. History I
Construction Technology Level IV
U.S. History II
NOTE: The academic component is taught by highly qualified and dedicated professionals.
Licensure & Certification Opportunities
Eligible students are given the training and opportunity to take the New Jersey:
- HVAC/Refrigerant Recovery License exam
- American Welding Society Entry Level Welder Certification
- ACCA Refrigerant Recovery Certification
- HILTI Operating Certification
- Radiant PEX Track Plumbing Certification
- OSHA Job Site Safety Certification
- PSEG Job Placement & Training Program in conjunction with PCCC College Connection for Applied Technology
PCTI maintains a very strong and supportive School-to-Careers program, offering 9th, 10th and 11th graders the opportunity to “job shadow,” and 11th & 12th graders the chance to put their skills to work at a paid position in the workplace. Hundreds of students participate and hundreds of business leaders support our efforts by employing our students.
Awards, Honors & Service
Numerous medals and awards for outstanding achievement at the local, state and national level.
- Over the years, PCTI students have enjoyed an impressive award-winning record, highlighted by both Skills USA state gold medals and national gold medals.
- Award of Excellence/NJSBA Fall Convention Exhibit: “Smart House” – 21st Century House of the Future
- Construction of Modular Home – Donated to Habitat for Humanity (HFH). Students work with HFH on local projects and assist in numerous community and non-profit organizations..
- Construction of stage sets for PCTI’s annual spring musical
School of Construction Technology students are active members of the Skills USA. This national organization helps students realize their career potential in construction related occupations. PCTI also maintains a close working alliance with local trade unions for future job opportunities such as: International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers (IBEW) Local 102, American Welding Society (AWS), Construction Industry Advancement Program (CIAP), Building Contractors Association of NJ (BCANJ), Master Plumbers Association of NJ, Air Conditioning Contractors of America and other groups.