Child Find

Federal and State Laws/Regulations require school districts to identify students between the ages of three (3) and twenty-one (21) who may need special education and/or related services.
If you think your child may have an educational disability due to physical, sensory, emotional, communication, cognitive or social difficulties and may need special education and/or related services you should contact the following:

  1. The Director of Guidance at (973) 389-4236 if your child attends Passaic County Technical Institute (PCTI).
  2. The Director of Special Education/Services of your resident district if your child attends a school other than PCTI. You may also contact the Assistant Principal at PCTI at (973) 389-4146 for further information relating to this procedure.
  3. Homeless students and their families, or students who are currently under the jurisdiction of a court will be appointed a surrogate parent if necessary to ensure that they are identified, evaluated and provided services should they require them.

Las Leyes/Regulaciones Federal y Estatal requieren que los distritos escolares identifiquen a estudiantes entre las edades de tres (3) a veintiuno (21) que necesiten educacion especial o servicios relacionados.
Si usted sospecha que su hijo(a) tiene un impedimento educacional, debido a una dificultad fisica, emocional, comunicacion, cognoscitivo o social y necesita educacion especial o servicios relacionados debe de llamar:

  1. Director del Departamento de Consejeria (973) 389-4236 si su hijo(a) asiste a Passaic County Technical Institute (PCTI).
  2. Director de Educacion Especial de su distrito si su hijo(a) asiste a otra escuela que no sea PCTI. Tambien puede llamar al Asistente de Principal de Passaic County Technical Institute al (973) 389-4146 para mas informacion.
  3. Estudiantes sin hogar y sus familias, o estudiantes que actualmente están bajo la jurisdicción de una corte serán dados un padre substituto si es necesario para asegurar que ellos sean identificados, evaluados y proporcionarles servicios si lo necesitan.