- Aug. Practices
- Work out on your own in the summer
- Need to go to weight room on some OFF days in fall (I will be checking)
- JV and Varsity Teams
- JV – Mon and Thurs practices; Mon & Thurs & Sat FB Games
- Varsity – Tues and Weds Practices; Friday games
- Emphasis on Cheers, Dancing, and Stunting
- Dec. – Feb. practices and games
- All on Tues or Thurs
- JV and Varsity Teams
- JV all season practice from 3-5; starting in Jan. games at 5:30
- Varsity practice in Dec from 3-5; games at 4 starting in Jan.
- Tryouts first week of Dec.
- Emphasis on Cheers
- Tryouts beginning of Oct.
- Choreography around end of Oct./early Nov.
- Varsity Only
- Need strong guys to keep up with other teams
- Don’t need to be on fall or winter
- Season is mid-Oct – beginning of March
- If on a fall sport we will work with you
- Weight Room! Summer, Fall, off days
- Emphasis on Stunting and Tumbling
- When: Tuesday, October 2nd & Wednesday, October 3rd
- Where: Athletic Center – upstairs in the multipurpose room
- Time: 3-5pm
- This will be the first set of tryouts. If you make the first cut, then you will come on Tuesday, October 9th, for the final round of tryouts.
- Students must have a physical into the nurse and check to make sure they are cleared BEFORE the day of tryouts. The earlier you are cleared the better!
- Students should come in athletic clothing and sneakers. No jewelry is to be worn. There will be bus transportation to and from tryouts.
- Students will learn a cheer, dance, and practice their jumps (toe touch, left and right herkies, pike) on Wednesday and then be scored on Thursday. Students will be scored from 1 to 5 (1 = poor; 5 = excellent) in the following categories: Cheer, Dance, Motions, Timing, Poise, and Spirit.
- October: 16, 18, 23, 30, 31
- November: 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 27, 28
- There will be mandatory choreography that will occur on two Saturdays. It usually occurs at the end of October and beginning of November. The moment those dates are secured, those trying out will be informed ASAP. Choreography is extremely important for a competition team, and all members need to be present to properly able the choreographer to give the best options for our team that works best with the individuals on the team.
- 2005: 8th place at Cheerleading Nationals
- 2006-2007: NJTAC second place overall
- 2008-2009: NJTAC champs: First place overall
- 2009-2010: NJTAC first place cheer; second place cheer dance, second place overall
- 2010-2011: NJTAC first place cheer; second place cheer dance, second place overall
- 2015-2016: NJTAC second place olverall; NJ States second place overall
- 2017 State Divisional Champions - NJCDCA
For season schedules, visit rSchool Today or sign up for notifications.