High School Equivalency Testing Center
The Testing Center
PCTI will offer The High School Equivalency Tests supplied by ETS-HiSET as a paper-pen and as a computerized test. The tests will be given once a month on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings for full tests and/or make-ups. The High School Equivalency Test Center is wheelchair accessible with provisions for Special Accommodations for individuals with learning disabilities and health-related needs.
Tests are available in English and in Spanish; but, the English and Spanish Scores cannot be combined.
Test takers may choose to register for either paper-based or computer-based test. And, the battery of tests does not have to be completed in one specific test format.
Registration is a two-part process:
- Registration is to be completed online at http://hiset.ets.org (follow the link For Test Takers) or by phone 1-855-MyHiSET (1-855-694-4738) where you will pay a $50.00 ETS fee using a credit/debit card or electronic check.
- Registration is to be finalized in person at PCTI, Room N116, 45 Reinhardt Road, Wayne, NJ 07470 where you will pay a $40 administrative fee using a money order or bank check. Personal checks or cash will not be accepted at this location. Part I must be completed before you can come into the testing center to complete the second part of registration.
Initial testing full battery – for all 5 tests:
- $50 battery of 5 tests, ETS fee
- $40 PCTI Test Center fee
- Two additional retests opportunities are offered at no additional charge
Initial testing per subtest:
- $15 per subtest, ETS fee
- $10 PCTI Test Center fee
- No fee paid to ETS, only $10 fee paid to PCTI Test Center if entire battery of tests is not paid at initial registration
- $15 per test paid to ETS, and $10 fee paid to PCTI Test Center if entire battery of tests are not paid at initial registration.
For detailed information on accommodations visit: http://hiset.ets.org/take/disabilities/
Scoring System Details
- High School Equivalency: minimum scaled score 9 of 20 on each subtest and combined scaled score of 45 on entire battery
- College and Career Readiness: minimum of scaled score 15 of 20 on each subtest
- Highest Possible Scores: 20 on each subtest which gives a total score of 100 for the entire battery.
- ETS Hi-Set has free
- official overview video for test takers
- scheduled webinars
- sample questions and practice tests
- ETS Hi-SET offers extra practice tests complete with formative assessment for only $7.50 per practice test
Additional information about preparation can be found at: http://hiset.ets.org/prepare/overview
Registration and Testing Schedule